- Introduction (new candidate members and guest speaker)
- Lecture by Frode Hvaring: Introduction to Rotary
- Introduction of head of committees
- Presentation of upcoming service projects and club activities
- Pinning ceremony: Welcoming new members!
Minutes of the meeting (taken by Marie-Thérèse Bou Younes, Protocol and Coordination officer)
Frode Hvaring from Rotary Geneve International presented detailed accounts on Rotary, the admission and recruitment process. He mentioned that there is 5 Rotary clubs in Geneva and theirs is more focused on international projects (11 projects to date).
Members from Rotaract wishing to join Rotary have to go through a transfer process. Note that the membership fees are higher. Rotary Geneve International holds its meeting on Thursday at the Intercontinental.
Rotaractors (full and potential candidates) can always join these meetings (for free), if you are interested do not hesitate to contact the board!
After the presentation, the head of Club Life Committee Takhmina Nasimova presented to upcoming projects and put them up to discussion:
- On the short term: Food, money donation in addition to a bake sale to raise funds for a refugee or a homeless shelter.
- For the year 2022, working with an NGO that tackles drug abuse. The purpose is to provide access to help and healthcare for drug addicts. This project is yet to be confirmed.
- For a fun activity, Bowling at La praille. Date to be decided on and will be subsequently communicated.
IF YOU WISH TO ENGAGE IN THE PROJECTS, WHETHER RELATED TO ACTIONS OR TO FUN ACTIVITIES, JOIN THE CLUB LIFE COMMITTEE!
To join the club life committee:
1. Download Slack ( https://join.slack.com/t/rotaractgenve-nba8491/shared_invite/zt-yq5sfpmo-3lqc432RmjhJPVPiy8~56A )
2. Fill the form https://forms.gle/kgFf1QtaHNJLv23b7
3. The secretary will add you to the relevant channel where you will have access to all previous messages!
1. As a full member, you can apply for the mentorship program between Rotaract and Rotary Geneve International. If you are interested, please send an email to
2. As a potential or full member, you are eligible and encouraged to apply to head of Rotary support where you will lead a small team of rotaractors that will set up the hybrid meetings for Rotary. You do not need to attend every meeting but you are still encouraged to do so. For additional information, send us an email or directly contact a board member!
3. As a candidate member, if you wish to become a full member, you need to regularly attend meetings in addition to paying candidate fees for 3 months (10 swiss francs per months).